4 Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART
Product ID: PEX4S553
Add 4 RS-232 serial ports to your standard or small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
Four high speed RS232 serial ports, with support for data transfer rates up to 128000bps
256-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
Native single-Chip, single lane PCI Express
In stock: +
Canada: 41 | USA: 559
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our Canadian warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our US warehouse.
Same Day Shipping +In-stock items from Canada if ordered by 5pm ET*
The PEX4S553 4-Port Native PCI Express RS232 Serial Adapter Card with 16550 UART lets you add 4 RS232 (DB9) serial ports, using a single PCI Express expansion slot.
Based on a native single-chip design, this 4-port serial adapter card allows you to harness the full capability offered by PCI Express (PCIe), while reducing the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over conventional bridge-chip serial cards.
The RS232 Serial Adapter Card includes 4 half-height/low-profile brackets, allowing the card to be installed into almost any PC case, regardless of form factor.
Backed by a StarTech.com Lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express chipset delivers true PCIe performance, up to 48% more efficient than bridge chip designs
- Standard and low profile/half-height brackets included to ensure fitment in any system
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
|Ingram Micro Canada||81187P|
|Tech Data Canada||17665Z|
|ASI Distribution Canada||112876|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Chipset ID||ASIX/MosChip - MCS9904CV-AA|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|External Ports||4 - DB-9 (9 pin; D-Sub) Male|
|Max Baud Rate||128 Kbps|
|Data Bits||5, 6, 7, 8|
|Parity||5, 6, 7, 8|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64) |
Windows® Server 2008 R2, 2003(32/64)
|Microsoft WHQL Certified||Yes|
|Product Length||4.7 in [120 mm]|
|Product Width||5.1 in [130 mm]|
|Product Height||0.7 in [19 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.8 oz [80 g]|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (4°F to 140°F)|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.5 lb [0.2 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 4 Port PCI-Express RS-232 Serial Card|
|Included in Package||1 - Bracket with 2 DB9 male ports|
|Included in Package||4 - Low Profile Brackets|
|Included in Package||1 - Driver CD|
|Included in Package||1 - Instruction Manual|
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility